Frequently Asked Questions
SUNNE® HEATER is a thermal battery that catches and store heat from the sun during the day with high efficiency (87%). At the time of use, house water flows through the module and gets heated to up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. SUNNE® Heater modules have many significant benefits, for instance:
- It can save you 30% on your electricity bill
- Lower than an air conditioner consoles, it does not show on your roof
- It resists winds of over 250 mph
- It does not accumulate sediment
- It takes little roof space
- It has high corrosion resistance
- It is designed and manufactured in Puerto Rico
- Saves CO2 emissions to the environment
The number of SUNNE® HEATER modules needed to replace all water heating needs will depend on several factors such as house square footage, number of occupants and number and type of appliances that use hot water. For example, for 3000 SF with 4 occupants, a system of 2 to 3 modules is recommended. However, customers have started saving by installing 1 or 2 modules and adding more at a later time. Click here for more information.
On an average day each SUNNE® HEATER module can heat up to 90 gallons of water at 95F when ground water temperature is 77F. This amount should be multiplied by the amount of modules to be installed.
SUNNE® HEATER modules have 10 year warranty against problem with labor and/or materials. Click here for more information.
For every 2 SUNNE® HEATER modules that are installed the CO2 emissions equivalent to those emitted by 1 car are offset.
SUNNE® HEATER systems require little maintenance. In order to get the most value and increase durability of your SUNNE® HEATER system:
- Clean glass once a year
- Check Heat Transfer Fluid (HTF) level and add water as necessary